-
April 5th, 2001, 06:07 AM
#11
Inactive Member
It would be enough of a drop for both aesthetic and street driving, but at the track, progressive rate springs just don't cut it if you're out to get the lowest times. That's why I was suggesting you get single rate coilovers since it seemed that you were primarily interested in draggin, with some street driving on the side. if you match the stiff coilovers with the right shocks, the ride isn't all too bad, but if you're not planning on getting shocks, forget coilovers as you will start bouncing all over the road as soon as your stock shocks give out, which will be rather soon.
Jon
-
April 5th, 2001, 06:10 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Should I get adjustable shocks than??
Like AGX
------------------
Officer:"Do you know Why I stopped you?"
Me: "Cause you think I got doughnuts?!!"
-
April 5th, 2001, 10:07 AM
#13
Inactive Member
The R suspension is the hot ticket short of full coilovers... that is if you want handling vs rice...
------------------
1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
...
YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns
Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...
-
April 5th, 2001, 12:17 PM
#14
HB Forum Owner
A popular and proven setup is Eibach ProKits (1.3 drop), KYB AGX's, and a Suspension Techniques rear sway bar... very streetable but TIGHT.
Chuck
------------------
96 Integra RS w/JRSC @ 9psi (Thanks Endyn)
JR BTC, ST Rear SwayBar, Eibachs, 15" Eneki's,
mad girlfriend, no money, Mugen and DC stuff.
[This message has been edited by 96IntegraRS (edited April 05, 2001).]
-
April 5th, 2001, 01:32 PM
#15
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 96IntegraRS:
A popular and proven setup is Eibach ProKits (1.3 drop), KYB AGX's.......very streetable but TIGHT.
Chuck
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chuck would be correct. The above spring/shock combo has been proven to be driver friendly and track ready. Though I like the GC's w/ AGX's better. I currently run the following on my two Honda's:
'95 EX coupe: Illumina's w/ Eibach Pro kit
'92 H22 hybrid: GC's(700ft/1000r) w/ AGX's
I wouldn't recommend the Illumina's. Pay the extra to get the Koni's or AGX's.
-
April 5th, 2001, 02:23 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I've had the Prokits on for about 5 years and still like them (95 GSR). The progressive spring rate makes for almost stock ride but better handling. But, progressive springs are not meant for the track - too much body roll.
I just installed the KYB AGXs. They're harsher than stock shocks at the lowest setting. Increasing the adjustment seems to increase my spring rate instead of dampening. I had hoped for a soft-as-stock setting on them.
-
April 5th, 2001, 04:07 PM
#17
Inactive Member
I just basicly know that I want the car to be drivable up to some point, because I plan to drive to the track and back.
So its either Skunk2's with AGX's
Or
Eibach Pro Kit with AGX's.
So to get this steight Skunk2's are better for the track and Eibach is more comfortable on the street and softer than the skunk's on the track!?
Thanks...
------------------
Officer:"Do you know Why I stopped you?"
Me: "Cause you think I got doughnuts?!!"
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks